Tuesday 23 March 2010

Sumptuous surfaces course



I am doing an online course called sumptuous surfaces. This is my first online course, and so far I seem to going into it headlong. That means, I have made my design too complicated, even though the tutor said it should work. My hands hurt, I need a magnifying thingy to see the holes, and have decided that I am too impatient to do things properly. I want to get onto the textured bit without all the initial bits. It's only the size of a postcard, but feels like the Forth road bridge.
The ouline is in Portugese stem stitch, whipped stem stitch , and stem stitch. The pulled stitches are satin, and whole or part buttonhole wheels. I think I shall being stitching a lot tomorrow, as the next lesson is on Thursday.
The empty bit under the tree will be the textural bit.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Don't lose heart Wendy - it's looking really good, and I love your tree design. I have been out of my comfort zone today, trying to do some artistic rubber stamping. I can do the blended backgrounds now but trying to be clever with my stamps is another matter!

Maureen said...

This is looking good Wendy - forward and onward!!

Jan said...

This is looking really good Wendy..
keep going!

DF - Heidi said...

so sorry for your troubles, keep smiling i am looking forward to see what you produce on your course looks a cracking start

Blog Archive