Saturday 12 January 2013

Every Inchie Monday Challenge --Star

I have decide to join a few more challenge sites, this one is to make an inchie every week, I doubt I will make it on a Monday very often. In fact I am only just in time for this first one for 2013. They are both made from felted wool, with organza on top, and sewn down with the machine. The subject was a star, so one of them has a button on, and the other a brad. My supply of stars is somewhat limited.
I would like to make them all from fabric, but some of the future subjects will be in card, too difficult for fabric with just a square inch to work on. Because of the metallic thread around the outside the scan make them look very tatty. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.


6 comments:

Von said...

Oh wow Wendy that to some skill :) so stricking :)
Von ♥

ChrisJ said...

Those are really nice. I admire all of you who use your sewing machine. I have never owned a sewing machine -- TOTALLY put off in frustration with my mother's which NEVER worked properly (60 years ago) I would rather sew by hand than by machine! And I did make a couple of dresses and skirts by hand in my teens. I guess that makes me eccentric, or prejudiced!

freebird7100 said...

love the bright purple star!

Heather said...

Love your 'tatty' stars Wendy - they are sweet. I find it so hard to make tiny things look neat and tidy. Come to think of it, I'm not good at making anything look neat and tidy. Thank heaven for the distressed look!

K Hutchinson said...

Gosh, I just love the texture on these! I am not sure how you are able to sew this small but it is so pretty!

Trillian As said...

Brilliant star inchies. I love textile inchies ;-)
I am happy you are joining us.

Blog Archive