Friday 4 April 2014

Tag Along -- Oriental

Oriental is the theme on Tag Along, and it seems like a while ago that I used to make a lot of Oriental ATCs. It doesn't appear to be as popular as it used to be. So it was great to get the stash out and have a go. For the first one I folded a kimono out of some Japanese paper, and adhered it to a tag covered in script. This tag I placed on another one, that I had covered with some more paper. At the bottom of the tag I added a geisha, a fan coloured with patina inks, and some red ribbon.
The second tag has a couple of ripped Oriental papers stuck on, a stamped image of a geisha, an embossed image on red vellum, a butterfly, and some stamped bamboo.



3 comments:

Meggymay said...

Great oriental tags Wendy, love the folded kimono.
Yvonne x

Heather said...

So different but both gorgeous. I love the tag on tag idea and the papers are beautiful. Your folding is perfect - I am so ham fisted at things like that.

Deborah said...

I remember when paper folded kimonos were all the rage, Wendy. I'm so glad you dug out your Oriental stash and made two beautiful tags for my challenge.

Blog Archive