Friday 13 March 2015

Artful Times DT piece -- Tag with pocket

For my piece on Artful Times my 'tag with pocket' has me wishing I was on the beach somewhere hot.
I have made a large tag and folded the bottom up to form the pocket. It is coloured with distress inks and sprayed with a white mica spray to make it shine. I made the seahorse Tim Holtz style by colouring it with distress ink and adding clear crackle paint rock candy.  I die cut some seaweed and coloured them with distress inks. I added some small 3D dew drops over some stamped bubbles.
For the sandy pocket, I stamped some shells, added a piece of corrugated card from another project and die cut a starfish to go on the edge.
The tiny book in the pocket has a cover of fabric paper, and paper pages stamped with seaside images.





4 comments:

chrissie said...

This is a beautiful tag made even more beautiful with the pocket and little book. Love all the pages you made

Chrissie xx

Heather said...

Love the idea of the little book in the pocket. What a lovely project with all the holiday images making us all long for summer days. A really super tag.

Craftyfield said...

The little book is a lovely way of keeping track of your beach themed stamps! Love the main tag too and it makes me yearn of summer...

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! I adore the little book and the seahorse is cool too! A wonderful tag with a pocket! I nearly missed the challenge but just made it! xxx

Blog Archive