Monday 24 July 2017

Every Inchie Monday -- Camel

This week we are off to the desert, and to the not very lovable camel. I did have a ride on one once as a youngster, and I remember the strange movement it made. I have never wanted to repeat the experience. It was a bit like the bare back ride Peter and I had in India, where Peter was doing his best to fall off sideways and take me with him. I was terrified. I didn't care how many films this huge mail elephant had stared in, I just wanted to get off.




This is a photographer my Grandfather on a camel in Egypt during the First World War, he's the one in the middle.



7 comments:

JennyJ said...

Amazing to have a photo of your grandfather on a camel - I think my uncle may have rode one as he was in the middle east during the war, only 18 - but sadly no photos. At least he lived till he was 80 - Love your dromedary and what have you made your camel head from - leather? He looks amazing whatever it is.

chrissie said...

Amazing photograph and both the inchies are terrific

Love Chrissie xx

Heather said...

Wonderful photo of your grandfather. Camels are not the most attractive animals but both your versions are great. You have captured their very snooty look perfectly in the first one.

inkyfingy said...

That is a fabulous photo of your grandfather...your inchies are both very depictive...what material did you use on the second one...it looks great...Dixx

Cathy said...

I love your camel! He is so cute. I have always wanted to ride on an elephant, but not sure I would be brave enough. I asked about challenges (on my blog) and you said to email you - I could not get your email to work for me. I enjoy most types of art - centering on tangling, coloring, card making, and of course inchies! I tried a twinchie challenge once it folded fairly soon. I may not get involved in all the challenges I round up but it might be fun to check them out.

freebird7100 said...

You and I had a similar experience with a camel! I also think that the picture of your grandfather on the camel is awesome!

sally said...

You have captured the snooty, supercilious look of a camel to perfection!

Sally x

Blog Archive