Saturday 28 March 2015

Gleam and glitter embroidery

I went to a workshop with Sheila Davies at Celyn Textiles a few weekends ago and made this embroidery.  For those who know me it is in my favourite colour, turquoise. I am going on another workshop next Saturday, and I am NOT going to use turquoise, I am running out of wall space to put them.
This one has a felt base, and then using wire, lace and paint with machine stitching for the textured embroidery. Nearly finished it in a day, which is unusual for me. I did do a bit more at home, machine embroidery and beads to finish it off. I mounted it on a painted canvas.




7 comments:

Heather said...

This is gorgeous - I love turquoise too. I love the way the gold peeps through the patterns in the lace. Can't wait to see what comes of the next workshop.

chrissie said...

This piece would be stunning in any colour Wendy but I do love turquoise.

Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous project Wendy, love the rich colour with the gold highlights.
Yvonne xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow Wendy, what an amazing project, so clever, and yes, that colour is stunning, but these techniques I am sure will look fantastic in any colour!

massofhair said...

Turquoise is the colour i go to everytime, nothing wrong with a lot of turquoise lol.

Stunning project, glorious stitching and beading which looks even more beautiful when you zoom into the image.

Did i say i LOVE what you have made! :-) xxx

Merlesworld said...

It is stunning.
Merle.............

Neet said...

That is utterly gorgeous! Just go with the flow - you can never have too much of this colour in your home. And when you do I might have some spare wall LOL.
Hugs, Net xx

Blog Archive